BIO

My photo
Attleboro, Massachusetss, United States
Hi. Welcome. I created CookieMOMster because when I was a first time mom 6 years ago cookies saved me. I was in a whirlwind of sleepless nights, crying and baby drool. I ate lots of cookies and began writing. Writing had been my passion since I was young and I had forgotten how much it meant to me. It's funny how these little lives come into your life and cause chaos but at the same time allow you to re-discover yourself. Thank you to Konrad and Koby for that. So sit down have a cookie and read. I hope you enjoy my blog as much as I enjoy writing. Thanks for visiting. I'm glad you stopped by.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Simple Pleasures

The soft smell of chocolate lingers in the air.
Steam rises.
I lean over and take a deep inhale-breathing in the rich chocolate delight.
I wrap my hands around the soft curve of the mug-I lift it slowly to my mouth.
I stop-letting it rest lightly on my bottom lip.
Taking another deep inhale- I close my eyes.
The scent of coco tickles my nose.
Finally-I place both my lips around the rim-the smooth, hot liquid glides down my throat.
My insides fill up with warmth.
I lick my lips in pure pleasure.

Dunkachinos are back at Dunkin Donuts!!!!!!
(if you've never tried one-what are you waiting for?) Get a cookie too-double the pleasure.

4 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! You seem to make drinking a cup of hot chocolate an almost naught pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not big on chocolate in my coffee or hot chocolate now that I can have bailey's, kaluha, etc. in my hot drinks.
    I would love a cafe latte right now or a cappacino... but I'll have to wait until I'm back in the city....can't tolerate riding in the car to a coffee shop oh I'm not a suburbanite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder coffee shops - which also sell tea and hot chocolate - are so popular. Your description is almost hypnotic. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me think of comfort food, wood fires on a pond,not working,and ice skating- the hot chocolate was better than skating on my ankles...

    ReplyDelete