BIO

My photo
Attleboro, Massachusetss, United States
Hi. Welcome. I created CookieMOMster because when I was a first time mom 6 years ago cookies saved me. I was in a whirlwind of sleepless nights, crying and baby drool. I ate lots of cookies and began writing. Writing had been my passion since I was young and I had forgotten how much it meant to me. It's funny how these little lives come into your life and cause chaos but at the same time allow you to re-discover yourself. Thank you to Konrad and Koby for that. So sit down have a cookie and read. I hope you enjoy my blog as much as I enjoy writing. Thanks for visiting. I'm glad you stopped by.

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Think Twice

Is it the weather? Is it me?
I just get in these ruts. Nothing seems to make me happy. I feel fat. Ugly. Old. I feel tired.
I'm going to dinner tonight and I have nothing to wear. I look out dated. As I'm getting ready I feel like I let myself go. Shit, when was the last time I had a manicure. I'm always rushing. It drives me crazy. But now as I sit here and write I am thinking, get over yourself. This stuff isn't important. It's what is inside. I do the best I can do...with what God gave me. I should be happy I have a strong heart that let's me breath, strong arms and legs that allow me to play with Konrad and Koby. Which brings me to those two cuties loving me for me. You know, it's funny, I set out writing this in a miserable, down on myself mood. Now I am really happy. I just made myself see all of the shit...good shit...I do have. It doesn't take a manicure or a new pair of jeans...it takes me loving me.
So to those of you who may be having a down on yourself kind of day, think twice. You may surprise yourself...I sure did.

Have you had a cookie today? Oatmeal raisin for me.

3 comments:

  1. I often feel the same way and you are absolutely right! All we have to do as they say (stop and smell the roses)or whatever you like to smell. As bad as our life somtimes feel their are people out in this crazy world who would love to have our problems instead of their's. I wish I had some kind of special comment, but all I can say is laugh you will live longer.
    MiMi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the fact that it was the process of writing which enabled you to let go and come back to the moment...Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think twice...yes indeed.
    It is fall in New England, the weather is cooling and causing us to use more energy to get the same amount of work completed. (You use more energy to warm your body) Because of day light savings we also have lost light hours and a major source of Vit.D
    I'm choosing to love me today...oh but I have my days when a pitty party just needs to occur. We all need to find the "thing" that will get us to our next bright days. Kim I'm so glad you write it seems to be your "thing."
    Carole

    ReplyDelete