BIO

My photo
Attleboro, Massachusetss, United States
Hi. Welcome. I created CookieMOMster because when I was a first time mom 6 years ago cookies saved me. I was in a whirlwind of sleepless nights, crying and baby drool. I ate lots of cookies and began writing. Writing had been my passion since I was young and I had forgotten how much it meant to me. It's funny how these little lives come into your life and cause chaos but at the same time allow you to re-discover yourself. Thank you to Konrad and Koby for that. So sit down have a cookie and read. I hope you enjoy my blog as much as I enjoy writing. Thanks for visiting. I'm glad you stopped by.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

The ZONE

ZONE...to be in a zone. There is a NO FLY ZONE for pilots. There is the END ZONE for football players. A SAFETY ZONE for worker people. A CRIME ZONE for the police. There are WAR ZONES for soldiers. There are TORRID, TEMPERATE, VARIABLE & FRIGID ZONES near the equator. There is a COMFORT ZONE in all of us. Yes, to be in the ZONE...just chillin. But wait....what if we should attempt to step out of our COMFORT ZONE. That is what a very inspirational person often tells me. "Kim-get out of your comfort zone." That advice began with my jogging in half marathons. I'd get discouraged and down that my breathing was off or my time was slow. I'd want an easy solution...slow down or walk. But I'd always hear...GET OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE. Slowly that advice would sink in and I'd train harder. Each race I feel a bit stronger...However, at times, I still need to tell myself to get out of my comfort zone. Which brings me to how I recently stripped off my comfort zone when I decided to do another Pelissey Penguin Plunge on New Year's Day. I was nervous and scared to do the plunge but I heard the words deep with in...comfort zone. So off I ran and dove into the frigid cold waters! So happy to start the New Year with my comfort zone off. Yet in every day life I have a huge comfort zone to get out of...it's not sitting on the couch or staying in bed. (I wish) It is the PERFECT ZONE, of wanting everything as close to perfect as possible, so that I turn into a total and complete stress case... the Christmas Tree is still up! the bathroom is messy! the laundry is piled high! the dog hair is everywhere! GET OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE....with these words and the knowledge that I can apply them to many facets of my life I have come to the IT'S OKAY ZONE. Not being perfect is OK. To just do the best I can...BUT not to settle and become complacent...to just stay a tad ahead of my comfort zone and know that stepping outside the zone I can breath an "AH"...and just chill.

6 comments:

  1. Taking the frist step out of one's comfort zone can be a daunting task. I applause you for your courage. Life is not always perfect so why should we strive to be or expect anyone else to live up to perfection, after we are just human faults and all.

    Love, MiMi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. What a great story to start the new year. You made me feel good about my messy house and all the things I haven't gotten to. I really like your writing style. Nice work. Sherrell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penguin Plunge? Good for you! I like your idea of staying a little ahead of the comfort zone. You're a pretty inspirational person yourself. Best of 2010 to you & family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Dear Niece Kimby...nice work; that said, you forgot one - the ozone, don't forget now and then to get lost in same...Love, Uncle T

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Dear Niece Kimby...nice one...that said, you forgot one: the ozone, into which one should get lost now and then, Love Uncle T

    ReplyDelete